Contact Robert Lavigne
“Seasoned GenX Leader Capable of Leveraging the Technically Savvy GenY Knowledge Worker”
- Listly Lists versus YouTube Playlists, featuring the 42+1 Live to Air Interview Series with Robert Lavigne
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Dino Dogan on Triberr, Blogs, and Social SEO
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Dan Keldsen on Collaboration
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Greg Lowe on Collaboration
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Mark Fidelman on Socialized!
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Christine Skulevold on Empire Avenue, Instagram, and Social Media Addiction
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Mark Ashford on “The Office is Closed- Work Remote – Work from Home. How, and Why”
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Kevin Green on Empire Avenue, Social Media, and Social Networking
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Doug Wolfgram on Empire Avenue, Interactive Media, Social Selling
- Robert Lavigne 42+1 Interview with Stephen Shapiro, Best Practices Are Stupid, The Art of Leadership
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Kim Reynolds on Empire Avenue and Social Media
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Rob Nielsen on Empire Avenue and Social Media
- 42+1 Interview with Robert Lavigne and Michael Q Todd on Empire Avenue and Social Media
- The Life@42 Manifesto by Robert Lavigne, Your Social Business Mentor (http://SocialBusinessMentor.com)
- What is Inbound Marketing? What is an Invention? What is MESH Conference? What is Towel Day?
- A 42+1 Screencast on Remote Collaboration and Business Success with Robin Dickinson
- Robert Lavigne reviews The Social Media Business Equation by Eve Mayer Orsburn #DouglasAdams60th
- A 42+1 Social Business Screencast on Social Media with Tim Burrows of the Toronto Police
- Have you seen the NEW NEW Twitter? – A Social Business Life@42 Workshop with Robert Lavigne
- New to Google+? What is Google Plus? – A Life@42 Workshop with Robert Lavigne, Your Social Business Mentor
- A Tale of Two Tweets #Dickens2012 aka “#Happy200Chaz Charles Dickens from the Brantford Library”
- How the Brantford Library understands “The Social Media Business Equation” by Eve Mayer Orsburn
- Marshall Sponder’s Social Media Analytics – “Numbers Lie! Engaged Communities Drive Value.” ~Robert Lavigne
- Marshall Sponder’s Social Media Analytics – “Content is Free – Context is Where the Value IS.” ~Robert Lavigne
- Marshall Sponder’s Social Media Analytics – “Deep within Foreign Territory, the need for Human Intel is Critical” ~Robert Lavigne
Tag Archives: Life@42
The idea for Magisto was conceived when CEO Oren Boiman’s first daughter was born.
Magisto automatically detects all sorts of things in your video, from faces to behaviors, scenes, motion and even determines what the videographer had in mind when shooting the video. All of this helps our automatic editing system determine which parts of your footage are truly the best, to make your video more interesting and cool.
When we started, we expected that the service would be ideal for young parents, uploading their baby videos (after all, that was the type of video that sparked the idea for Magisto in the first place). However, as more and more users have started creating videos with Magisto we’ve found (at least from the videos that have been shared on Twitter and YouTube) that our service is really popular with demographics outside of young parents. We’re seeing a lot of teens sharing videos of themselves and their friends dancing and goofing off in front of the camera, a lot of great travel videos, skateboarding videos, pet videos and more. Continue reading →
“What is VALUE in a Commodity Market? Your OWN Personal Brand! Your OWN Personal Context.” ~Robert Lavigne (October 30, 2011)
Walter was adamant about all the training and all the education he got, but the only person that knows that is Walter, and the only person that heard it, was me.
That’s the old way of thinking!
Put your context out there. Associate it with content that is already out there. Bring that content into your feed.
Make use of favourites and playlists. Find content that other people have created that is relevant to what you do, and bring it into your channel. You don’t have to create it all yourself. There is enough content out there.
But what you bring. What your real value is.
Whether your are one person, 25 people, 500 hundred people, a million people.
What you bring. What your real value is the CONTEXT.
Where most businesses are failing right now. Their context is SHIT.
People want context that they can relate to.
They are shifting in droves. Continue reading →
“Content is Free. Context is Not!” – Value YOUR Context. – Engage YOUR Community. ~Robert Lavigne (October 28, 2011)
The Spectrum of what is out there, is so diverse. It is far reaching and wider than you probably already think. This “stuff” is coming! In some places, it’s already here.
There is a strong pendulum going on in the global economy. These strong pendulums are pushing back. They are taking use back to the days of the Farmer’s Market. To the days when we were interacting with people. When we were sharing ideas, sharing our ideals and sharing our opinions.
You are seeing a strong demand for that. There is a reason why most organizations don’t have engagement. We have dulled it out of our “resources” for the last Twenty Years.
So when you have GenY coming into the workforce. When you are interacting with GenX and GenY within your business. Keep in Mind. This is the world they are exposed to. These are the ideals they are expressing too. These are the people they are listening to.
They are expecting more, because they have come to one realization.
If there is one take away you should have from this.
Content IS FREE!
Context is where the VALUE IS.
There is more content out there to last you the rest of your life.
When you have a Content Economy. Where things are FREE, they become a commodity.
What is VALUE is a Commodity Market?
Your OWN Personal Brand!
Your OWN Personal Context. Continue reading →
How can Hamilton Carpet Clean make the best of Social Media by leveraging their existing YouTube Channel?
In a previous blog entry, Laurie Allan Coates asked Robert Lavigne “How would the utilization of social media vary depending on the business?”
In this Life@42 Segment, I will partially answer Laurie’s question using the Hamilton Carpet Clean YouTube Channel as an example.
Here is Robert Lavigne’s Life@42 Spotlight on Hamilton Carpet Clean’s YouTube Channel. Continue reading →
Announcing the Launch of the “Life@42″ Social Business Workshops. Brantford Entrepreneurs to get Complimentary Preview October 28, 2011
Now you can connect with Brantford Entrepreneurs over the lunch hour! Open networking: 11:45AM. This group will meet at 12 Noon on the fourth Friday of each month. The format shall be similar to our other Meetups. Meet fellow entrepreneurs, introduce yourself and your business, exchange business cards and materials, hear a pre-recorded or live presentation that focuses on one or more aspects of running a small business, and engage in group conversations following the presentation. Limited to 32 attendees. Continue reading →
Robert Lavigne was fortunate to be introduced to Vinnie Mirchandani back in September of 2010. Vinnie was then touring his new book “The New Polymath” at a local meetup in Toronto, Canada.
It was not until Robert heard Vinnie describe the term to him that he realized, “I am a Polymath”.
Robert Lavigne often use his video interview with Vinnie Mirchandani to kick off his Life@42 Workshop. The Life@42 Workshop focusses on Personal Branding, Social Media Mentoring and Social Business Leadership. Continue reading →